A Royal dessert, originated from the kitchens of Nizam, really royal and rich in taste.
Shahi Tukra, a royal dessert, originated from the kitchens of Nizam, really royal and rich in taste.
PREPARATION TIME :- 10 mins
COOKING TIME :- 50mins
SERVING :- 5-6 pax
1)1 liter —— Milk
2)2 cups —— sugar
3)6 nos —— Bread slices
4)1 tsp —— Cardamom powder
5)1/2 cup —— Raisins
6) — —— Blanched almond slivers to garnish
7) — —— Ghee ( to deep fry the breads)
* Put milk in a thick-bottomed pan and boil.
* Add sugar and stir frequently to prevent burning of the milk.
* Stir the milk till it reduces to half its original volume and becomes thick. (It will thicken like “Rabri” )
* When its thick add the cardamom powder, mix well and remove from the fire.
* Now cut the crusts off from the slices of bread and half the slices to make two triangles.(or you can cut in any shape,it depends on you)
* Heat the ghee on a medium flame and deep fry the pieces of bread in it till they are crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
* In the same ghee saute the raisins till they puff up, remove and drain.
* Now put all the bread pieces at the bottom of a flat serving dish and top them with the thickened milk mixture.
* Garnish the bread pieces with raisins and almond slivers.
* Let it chill for an hour, then serve.