(A popular Indian dish from Punjab,usually served with naan, roti, parathas or ste
(A popular Indian dish from Punjab,usually served with naan, roti, parathas or steamed rice.)
PREPARATION TIME:- 4 Hrs
COOKING TIME:- 30-40 mins
SERVING:- 4 pax
1)800 gm —– Chicken (boneless)
2)1 cup —– Yogurt
3)2 tsp —– Kashmiri red chilly powder
4)60 gm —– Butter
5)2 tbsp —– Garlic paste
6)3 tbsp —– Ginger paste
7)400 gm —– Tomato puree
8)3 tbsp —– Lemon juice
9)4-5 nos —– Green chillies (chopped)
10)1 tbsp —– Red chilly powder
11)1/2 tsp —– Dry fenugreek leaves
12)1 tbsp —– Garam masala powder
13)1 cup —– Cream
14)1 tbsp —– sugar
15)1/2 cup —– Cashew/Almond paste
16)2 tbsp —– Mustard oil
17)1 tbsp —– Whole garam masala (Cinnamon,cloves,cardamom and peppercorn)
18) — —– Salt to taste
* Make incisions with a sharp knife on breast and leg pieces of the chicken.
* Marinade the chicken with yogurt, 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder,1 tbsp lemon juice,2 tbsp of ginger paste, 1/2 tsp of garlic paste, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, salt and mustard oil,and refrigerate for 4 hours.
* Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of butter, when hot fry the chicken pieces for 10-12 mins until done on high heat. When done take out the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
* Heat butter in the same pan and add green cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon, saute it for two mins, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies. Cook for another two mins.
* Add tomato puree, red chilli powder,kashmiri red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt, fry for 1 min then add the cashew/almond paste, fry for some time till the nuts are cooked.
* Add one cup of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
* Add sugar and powdered kasoori methi.
* Then add cooked chicken pieces and simmer for 5 mins and at last add fresh cream.
* Garnish with chopped coriander leaves