Ganesh chaturthi is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha across India. According to Indian t
Ganesh chaturthi is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha across India. According to Indian traditions, dishes such as halwa and puri are must to be added in the menu of the birthday celebrations. Same is the case with the birthday of Gods. Ganesh chaturthi celebration witnesses with the preparation of lots of delicious dishes and one of them is Puran Poli. It is very famous dish of Maharashtra and is specially cooked on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. Below, we have given the recipe of Puran Poli, which can help you to know hwo to make the dish.
• 1 cup Maida
• 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
• 1 pinch Salt
• 2 tsp Ghee
• Water, enough to make dough
• 6 tbsp Oil
• Oil / Ghee, for frying
• 1 – 1/2 cup Jaggery
• 1 – 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
• Blend the ghee and masala with the maida.
• Using water make a soft smooth dough. Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes.
• Knead the maida again. Put in the 6 tbs oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
• Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle.
• Drain the water.
• Grind the dal to make a paste with the jaggery and cardamom powder.
• Remember that the filling should not be watery.
• Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.
• Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
• Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
• Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides.
Puran Poli is very famous dish of Maharashtra and is specially cooked on Ganesh Chaturthi. Read this recipe to know how to make Puran Poli.