var infolink_pid = 20648;
var infolink_wsid = 1;
A dish from northern India
Yogurt Chicken or Dahi Murg, a dish from northern India
PREPARATION TIME:- 10 mins
COOKING TIME:- 60 mins
1)800 g ——- Chicken pieces
2)1 cup ——- Plain yogurt
3)2 nos ——- Green chilly (chopped)
4)2 tbsp ——- Chopped coriander
5)1 tbsp ——- Chopped ginger
6)11/2 tbsp ——- Chopped garlic
7)1/4 cup ——- Butter
8) — ——- Salt (to taste)
* Prick the chicken pieces with a fork and keep it aside.
* In a small bowl combine salt, chili, yogurt,coriander, ginger and garlic and mix well. Pour it over the chicken and refrigerate it for 6 hours or overnight.
* To cook chicken pre heat oven to 400 F.
* Pour half the melted butter into a roasting pan,and put the chicken into pan and pour the yogurt mixture on top of it. Roast it in the oven for 20 mins.
* Then lower the heat to 350F and continue roasting basting frequently with the remaining butter for 30 mins or until the chicken is done.
* Remove chicken and place it over a serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
* This may be done without a oven in a non-sticky pan too as well as in a kadhai but better to use a non-sticky pan to avoid sticking of the chicken at the bottom of the kadhai.