(It is believed that proper preparation of pilaf was first documented by the tenth century Persian s
Plain Pullao Recipe | Special Indian Rice Dish. (It is believed that proper preparation of pilaf was first documented by the tenth century Persian scholar Abu Ali Ibn Sina, who in his books on medical sciences dedicated a whole section to preparing various meals, including several types of pilaf)
- 2 cups joha rice
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cloves
- 2large cinnamon sticks
- 6 green cardamoms
- 2 bay leaf crumpled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 Tbs pure ghee or vegetable oil
- 2large onion skinned & thinly sliced
- A pinch of sugar
- Garnish:Fried onions,Fried cashew nuts and raisins(optional)
1. Wash the rice in several changes of water. Put it in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for 30 minutes, then drain in a sieve and let it stand for a minute or two.
2.Heat ghee in a heavy-based pan (with a tight-fitting lid) Add cinnamon sticks, whole cardamoms, whole cloves. As soon as they begin to pop – a matter of seconds – add sliced onions and fry till golden.Add ginger paste.Sauté, stirring for 1 minute.Add drained rice and a pinch of sugar. Fry the rice to a light golden color.
3. Add the water and salt bring to the boil.Taste for salt. Cover the pan tightly with a close-fitting lid or with foil and a lid, then turn the heat to very low and cook for 25 minutes or until done.Turn off the heat and let the pot sit, covered for 5 minutes before serving.
4.Serve pullao hot garnished with some fried onions(extra)
Source: http://www.facebook.com/ assameserecipes