Assam Company Limited, leading producers of Tea

ACL is one of the leading producers of the most exquisite, high quality, premium teas. The company

Assam Company Limited, ACL is one of the leading producers of the most exquisite, high quality, premium teas. The company perates 16 factories, 19 tea estates and gardens spread over 12,000 hectares. It employs over 32,000 people with well laid-out infrastructure, duly supported by planned social welfare activities. The company manufactures around 15 mn kg. of tea and being a bulk manufacturer, 95% of the operations are done through B2B route. The remaining 5% of the business is transacted in small high value niche product segment. The business totally is committed to high quality, with useful quantity in both export and the domestic segments wherein 90% of the B2B process is directly placed to people who are in the retail chains. The entire niche business conducted by the company is attributed to direct retail services. Landmarks of ACL in Tea Industry * First tea company in the world (estd. 1839) set up by a deed of the British Parliament * First company to be awarded the Royal Charter by Queen Victoria in 1845 * First company in the world to establish tea gardens * First company to brand premium blends * First company to export tea * First company to create `Tea Seeds Gardens’ * First to have an Organic Tea Estate – Rembeng in Assam. Now the company has 69 Tea plantation units in North East India * First to transact electronic tea sales (U.K.)

Site Url

http://www.assamco.com/tea.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  ⁄  5  =  2