( Considered the mainstay dish of northern India,and undoubtedly one of the most pop
( Considered the mainstay dish of northern India,and undoubtedly one of the most popular dishes originating from India.)
PREPARATION TIME :- 15 mins
COOKING TIME:- 15-20 mins
SERVING:- 4 pax
1)250 gm —– Cottage cheese ( paneer)
2)3 nos —– Tomatoes (chopped)
3)1 no —– Onion ( chopped)
4)1/2 cup —– cashew paste
5)1 tsp —- Tomato puree
6)1 tsp —- Garlic paste
7)1 tsp —- Ginger paste
8)1 tsp —- Green chilly paste
9)1/2 tsp —- Chilly powder
10)1/2 tsp —- Turmeric powder
11)1/2 tsp —- Garam masala
12)1 tsp —- Coriander powder
13)1 tbsp —- Coriander leaves
14)2 tbsp —- oil
15) — —- Salt to taste
* Fry the paneer in oil without browning them remove and keep it aside.
* Now heat a pan, add oil and fry chopped onions till soft, add ginger,garlic and chilly paste,fry till its brown.
* Add the tomatoes and fry for 6-8 minutes.
* Remove,cool and grind to a puree in a mixer grinder and add tomato paste to it along with 1/2 cup water.
* Again heat the pan and add the grounded mixture and bring it to a boil.
* Now add all the dry masala to it.
* Then add the cashew nut paste and cook it on low flame,for 5 mins or till the gravy is thick .
* Add salt and the paneer pieces, let it simmer for 2 mins, then remove.
* Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.