কৃষ্ঞ কান্ত সন্দিকৈ ৰাজ্যিক মুক্ত বি
কৃষ্ণকান্ত সন্দিকৈ ৰাজ্যিক মুক্ত বিশ্ব বিদ্দ্যালয় The Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University was established with the Act XXXXVII, 2005, of the Assam Legislative Assembly on December 11, 2006.
It is the first state-operated Open University in the entire North-Eastern region and fourteenth amongst the Open Universities in India. The university was introduced with a view to provide opportunities for higher education to a large segment of the society and promote the educational well-being of the people in general.
The university also helps learners from various parts of the state who are unable to continue with their higher studies. The university has initially decided to offer the following programmes, besides some Diploma/Certificate Courses, under the Distance Learning system.
1. Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme
2. Bachelor of Commerce
3. Bachelor of Business Administration
4. Bachelor of Mass Communication
5. Bachelor of Computer Application
6. Bachelor of Arts
The aim of the University is to develop and provide easily accessible modes of quality higher education and training with the use of latest educational inputs and technology. Because of the inherent flexibility in terms of pace and place of learning, methods of evaluation etc., KKHSOU holds the promise of providing equality of opportunities for higher education and bringing into its fold the deprived and denied sections of people of the North-East. In order to reach those disadvantaged groups due to educational, economic, geographical or any other circumstances, KKHSOU has been formulating academic programmes to suit the less educated, educated and higher educated groups to achieve the goal of providing higher education and training at the doorstep of the seekers of higher education.
The main objectives of the Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University are:
1. To provide access to higher education to large segments of the population, and in particular the disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas including working people, housewives and other adults who wish to upgrade or acquire knowledge through studies in various fields.
2. To provide opportunities for higher education to a larger segment of the population, including those who could not pursue higher education in the appropriate time due to one reason or the other.
3. To strengthen and diversify the degree, diploma and certificate courses related to the needs of employment and necessary for building the economy of the country on the basis of its natural and human resources.
4. To contribute to the improvement of the educational system in the State by providing a non-formal channel complementary to the formal system.