(Basically a Chinese item but to enhance the Indian taste buds it has been modified
(Basically a Chinese item but to enhance the Indian taste buds it has been modified for the Indian likings in India. Chilly chicken is the most popular item when thinking about ordering something from the Chinese menu in India)
Preparation Time:- 15 mins
Cooking time:- 25 mins
Serving:- 4 Pax
1. 500 gm————- Boneless chicken
2. 1 no. ————- Egg
3. 2 nos.————- Large onions
4. 2 nos.————- Green Bell peppers
5. 3 nos.————- Garlic cloves (grated)
5. 1tsp ————- Sugar
6. 1tbsp ————- Salt or a pinch of ajinomoto
7. 2cups ————- Chicken stock or water
8. 2tbsp ————- Soy Sauce
9. 2tbsp ————- Sherry wine (optional)
10.3 nos.————- Green chillies (slitted)
11.1/2tsp————- White pepper powder
12.2tbsp ————- Corn flour
13.2tsp ————- Vinegar
14. — ————- Vegetable oil/peanut oil (for frying)
* Cut the boneless chicken pieces into 1 inch cubes
* Cut the onions into four halves, then with the help of fingers peel off individual scales of onions which would resemble to a rose petal
* Wash and deseed the bell peppers and cut them into 1 inch cubes.
* In a bowl marinade the chicken with 1tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of corn flour,a pinch of salt and egg and leave it for 15 mins.
* Heat a kadhai/ wok and deep fry the marinated chicken in oil till golden brown.When its done remove the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
* In a separate kadhai/ wok heat a tbsp of oil then add the grated garlic,petals of onion, bell peppers and saute for few seconds on high heat then add salt, white pepper, sugar and vinegar.
* Add 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth or water and bring to a boil, add soy sauce and the chicken pieces and cook for few minutes.
* In a cup or bowl dissolve 1 tbsp of corn flour in water and add it to the gravy to thicken it stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
* Cook for 2-3 minutes till the gravy comes to its required consistency.
* Garnish with chopped spring onions.