What is OMR technology?
Short for optical mark recognition, the technology of electronically ext
What is OMR technology?
Short for optical mark recognition, the technology of electronically extracting intended data from marked fields, such as checkboxes and fill-infields, on printed forms. OMR technology scans a printed form and reads predefined positions and records where marks are made on the form. This technology is useful for applications in which large numbers of hand-filled forms need to be processed quickly and with great accuracy, such as surveys, reply cards, questionnaires and ballots.
A common OMR applicationis the use of “bubble sheets” for multiple-choice tests used by schools. The student indicates the answer on the test by filling in the corresponding bubble, and the form is fed through an optical mark reader (also abbreviated as OMR, a device that scans the document and reads the data from the marked fields. The error rate for OMR technology is less than 1%
The OMR Sheet of the Entrance Test shall belong with the Test Booklet. The instructions for filling it up will be as follows:
1. Use black or blue ball pen for marking the box. For filling the circle, use a black or blue ball pen or an HB pencil.
2. Write your Entrance Test Roll Number, Name and Question Booklet Serial No. in the appropriate boxes provided in the OMR Answer Sheet.Take care that the characters do not touch the boundary of the boxes.
3. No answer should be written on the Question Booklet.
4. Blank pages in the Booklet may be used for rough work.
5. The use of calculator and mobile is not allowed inside the Examination Hall.
6. The Question Booklet and the OMR Sheet must be handed over to the Invigorator before leaving the Examination Hall. No page should be torn off the Booklet.
7. Violation of any of these instructions or use of unfair means will entail cancellation of the whole Admission Test of the candidate.
8. There will be no rechecking / re-evaluation of the OMR Sheets. No request in this regard shall be entertained.
9. Do not write anything on the Question Booklet and OMR Sheet except marking the answer in the corresponding Circle. Any writing or identification mark on the Question Booklet and OMR Sheet will disqualify the candidate.
How to fill OMR Sheets – OMR Answer Sheets – OMR Forms ?
OMR Sheets also known as bubble sheets have circles or elliptical bubbles or boxes as response areas. Mark your response only in the space provided for the purpose. Response marked elsewhere will not be considered.
* The circles/boxes on the OMR Sheet should be filled with due care.
* Avoid partial filling or spilling out.
* Completely darken the respective circle for your response.
* First fill the circles/boxes in the OMR sheet completely and then darken the filled circles/boxes.
* OMR sheet has to be filled using Blue/Black Pen or HB pencil.
* Please fill the appropriate OMR circles with due care. Avoid over-writing on OMR Sheet.
* You may change a mark by completely erasing the wrongly filled circle.
* The erasure should be complete and without any smudges as partially erased mark may lead to wrong reading by the highly sensitive OMR Software.
* All OMR sheet have index points that are crucial to their functioning. Do not mark anything on or near Index Points or Timing Track of OMR sheet.
* Any change in Timing Track and OMR sheet identification block will lead to rejection of the OMR sheet and no result will be generated for such OMR sheets.
* Mark multiple bubbles only in case of MCQs or multiple choice questions. If you mark more than one circle in a single choice question the answer will be considered as being wrong.
* There are ‘DO NOT WRITE’ areas demarcated on any OMR Sheet. Please do not write or mark on OMR Sheet outside the demarcated areas.
* Do not make any stray marks on the OMR Sheet.
* Do not tick or overfill the OMR circles.
* Do not use whitener or blade to hide marks on OMR Sheet.
* Do not pin or staple anything with the OMR Sheet.
* OMR Sheet should not be punched or tied.
* The OMR Sheet/OMR Form should not be folded.